Friday, February 14, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Chili

Okay so, I have many faves for soups, some original to me and some I've found on the net....this one is yummy....I found it on Pinterest, and I did not taken a picture the 1 time I made it ;-), so I'll include the picture from the site I pinned it from ... Debbi Does Dinner

I'm linking up with one of ALL time Favorite Bloggers today Kelly from Kelly's Korner.  She has all kinds of links today for SUYL, that she does on Fridays!  She has the 2 cutest little gals to brighten her day...and still finds time to Blog!  Love her!


Buffalo Chicken Chili




  2 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  2 large carrots
  4 stalks celery
  1 large red pepper
  1 large onion
  5 cloves of garlic
  1/3 cup chili powder
  2 tbsp. ground cumin
  1 tbsp. paprika
  1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
  2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
  1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
  1 (15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  1 (15 oz) can chili beans in sauce (do not drain)
  Salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken with a bit of water in pan until cooked and easy to shred.  Shred chicken and put in crockpot  Heat a bit of cooking spray in pan and cook onions, carrots, pepper and garlic about 8 minutes.  Add veggie mixture to crock pot. Add all the other ingredients and mix together.   Cook on low for several hours until hot and flavors have come together.  **Alternate method: You can mix everything on the stove top at a simmer and cook for an hour. 

1 comment:

Kelly's Heart♥ 4 God said...

This sounds Yummy and I may try it this weekend...probably a good weekend for a pot of soup/chili!
Thanks for sharing!